Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you have to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat pizza: portobello, spinach and feta cheese pizza recipe. You can have whole wheat pizza: portobello, spinach and feta cheese pizza using 27 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza:
- You need Utensils: of .
- Get of Oven (pre-heated to 450 degrees).
- Take of Chef knife.
- Prepare of Cutting Board.
- Prepare of Rolling pin.
- You need of 1/4 Cup Liquid Measure.
- Take of Food scale (helpful but not a must).
- Provide of Tablespoon Measure.
- Get of 1 Cup Dry Measure.
- Take of 1 Large Sauteuse (Saute Pan/ Skillet).
- You need of Wooden Spoon or tongs.
- Provide of Medium Size Bowl.
- Take of Metal Sheet Pan / baking sheet.
- Provide of Aluminum foil (optional, to make clean up easier).
- Provide of Large Spatula or Pizza Peel.
- Use Ingredients: of .
- Get 4 each of whole wheat pizza dough crust (9 inches each).
- Get 1 cup of wheat flour (for rolling out pizza dough).
- Take 1 each of shallot.
- Provide 1 each of garlic clove.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of baby spinach.
- Prepare 4 each of Roma tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each).
- You need 2 each of large Portobello mushrooms.
- Take 12 oz. of Feta cheese, crumbled.
- Take ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Provide 1 Cup of Corn Meal (for cooking, gives an authentic feel and taste).
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza:
- Prep all the ingredients; Mince (fine dice) Shallots and Garlic, Chop baby spinach, Slice Roma Tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each), Slice Mushrooms.
- Heat on the stove the large sauteuse.
- Then add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Then add all the shallots and garlics, Sauté / sweat for 1 minute.
- Next add the sliced Portobello mushrooms, sauté for another 3 minutes (careful not to brown the garlic).
- Then add the chopped spinach (stirring), sauté until lightly wilted (about 10 seconds).
- Empty Pan into bowl to cool down.
- Roll out the 4 pizza dough crusts to 4 each 9 inch discs..
- Place Aluminum Foil in sheet pan to cover.
- Place Pizza dough on pan (2 per pan should fit).
- (optional) Dust under dough with corn meal (to prevent sticking) by lifting a corner of the dough and lightly toss a small amount of corn meal under dough. Prevents sticking and gives an authentic texture to the bottom of the dough..
- Top each pizza with equal amounts of the spinach/ mushroom mix..
- Arrange 8 slices of tomato per pizza..
- Sprinkle 3 ounces of Feta cheese per pizza crust..
- Season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes and turn/ rotate pan 180 degrees for even baking.
- Cook time should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on oven..
- Preheat the oven at 450F..
If you find this Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.