Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat apricot cranberry biscotti recipe. To cook whole wheat apricot cranberry biscotti you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti:
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 of egg.
- Take 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Get 2 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple sauce.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced dried apricots.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries.
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl..
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, and apple sauce..
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mixture thoroughly until a wet dough forms..
- Stir in the apricots and cranberries..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a 12'' by 4'' log and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. As the dough is wet, it will be easier if you partially make this log first in your hands before placing it on the baking sheet. Then press it into the correct dimensions..
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a baking rack for 10..
- Slice the log into 1/3'' slices and lay them face up on the baking sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes then flip and bake again for 6 minutes..
If you find this Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.