Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Halloween Kabocha Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Halloween Kabocha Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Halloween Kabocha Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to halloween kabocha pie recipe. To cook halloween kabocha pie you only need 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Halloween Kabocha Pie:
- Get of For the kabocha squash filling.
- Get 1/8 of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Skim milk.
- Get 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- Use of For the apple filling.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Take 1/2 of Apple.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- Get 4 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- Get 1 of egg's worth Egg yolk (for the glaze).
Instructions to make Halloween Kabocha Pie:
- Cut the kabocha squash into bite-sized pieces and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skin, taking care not to burn yourself..
- Use a large fork, to mash the kabocha to your preferred consistency..
- Add skim milk, honey, and butter and mix well. It mixes easily if you add the ingredients while the kabocha is warm. This completes the kabocha filling..
- (Sorry, I forgot the photo). Slice the apple into wedges and microwave for 3 minutes in a heat-resistant container together with the butter and sugar. This completes the apple filling..
- Cut the puff pastry into desired sizes while it's still frozen. I cut the puff pastry into 3 vertical slices (the picture shows 2 frozen puff pastry)..
- Stack two sheets together and cut the edges to create an oval shape..
- Carve a face in the center of the top sheet. Use a knife or whatever tool is easiest. This step is easy if the puff pastry are still frozen. Preheat your oven at 410°F/210°C..
- If the puff pastry begin to thaw, spoon the kabocha filling on the bottom sheet, leaving about 1cm of space at the edges. Drain excess water from the apple filling and spoon on top of the kabocha filling..
- Lay the top sheet you made in step 7 over the bottom layer with the filling you made in step 8. Stretch it out a bit and use a fork to press it down to close the edges. Use a fork to create ridges along the face..
- Prepare aluminum cups. The bento cups at the dollar store seemed big enough, so I flattened out the bottom for a wider surface area..
- Place the pie made in step 9 in the aluminum cups. Use a brush to brush on the egg yoke glaze..
- Bake in the over at 410°F/210°C for to 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F/190°C and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes until finished..
- Extra: You can make the Jack-O'-Lantern face out of the kabocha peels. After cutting out the facial features, use a beaten egg yolk to stick and press down..
If you find this Halloween Kabocha Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.