Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
We are all aware that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better within our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, do not forget about yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You can not beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. It contains a lot of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe. To make peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) you need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux):
- Use of all-purpose flour.
- Use of vegetable oil.
- Take of peas.
- Prepare of pork stew meat.
- Prepare of onion.
- You need of celery stocks.
- Prepare of green bell pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Use of pepper.
- Get of water.
- Prepare of beef broth.
Steps to make Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux):
- Dice vegetables and set aside..
- Now you're gonna make a roux. Pour half a cup of vegetable oil into a large pot. Heat over medium high for about 2 minutes..
- Lower heat to medium. Pour in half cup of flour. Add more of necessary. The roux needs to look like a thin watery paste..
- Stir constantly until roux is a very dark brown. While stirring be sure to scrape bottom of pot. If it stops moving for too long it'll burn. It'll look thicker as it cooks..
- Once roux is dark enough add vegetables. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes..
- Next add beef broth..
- Add stew meat. You can chop it into small pieces first of you prefer..
- Add 2 cups of water..
- Cook for about half an hour..
- Add peas..
- Add 2 more cups of water..
- Season to taste. Cook on medium heat for an hour..
- Lower heat and continue cooking for another 45 minutes or until gravy has thickened. It will still be watery when it's done. Not thick like actual gravy..
- Serve over rice..
If you find this Peas and gravy (or peas in a roux) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.