Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Healthier Broccoli Spinach (&bacon) Quiche with savory crust recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthier Broccoli Spinach (&bacon) Quiche with savory crust recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
We are very mindful that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthier broccoli spinach (&bacon) quiche with savory crust recipe. To make healthier broccoli spinach (&bacon) quiche with savory crust you need 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthier Broccoli Spinach (&bacon) Quiche with savory crust:
- Prepare of Filling.
- Use 8 of eggs.
- Use 2 tbsp of water.
- Take 1 bunch of broccoli.
- You need 1/2 cup of spinach (fresh or thawed).
- You need 1 of spices/herbs to taste.
- Use 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Get 1/2 packages of bacon (cooked, reserve grease).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of aged sharp white cheddar (or whatever you like).
- Take of Crust.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Take 1 of use reserved bacon grease.
- Use 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Provide 4 tbsp of water.
- Take 1 of Herb seasoning to taste (i used a mix with lots of rosemary).
- Take 7 tbsp of room temp (liquid) coconut oil.
Steps to make Healthier Broccoli Spinach (&bacon) Quiche with savory crust:
- Make bacon ahead of time, cool, crumble, refrigerate for later. Reserve grease if making savory crust. Mix it with coconut oil for crust and refrigerate..
- If you are making your own crust, do this first ahead of time as the dough has to rest for 1hr (up to 24hrs still OK). Otherwise, use store bought crust and skip to step: 8.
- CRUST: Leave coconut oil & bacon grease in refrigerator until solid. (Or freezer for faster results, just watch it..
- CRUST: mix flour and salt together well by hand or with mixer/processor.
- CRUST: When fats are solid. Cut in fairly small pieces quickly before it can melt..
- CRUST: mix in with the flour mixture until lots of pea shaped balls form.
- Crust: add ice cold water in increments and mix by hand until a ball forms. You may not need all of the water. Refrigerate immediately and let it stay in there at least 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss broccoli with a little coconut oil & salt _& seasonings and roast till slight browning on top. (10-15 mins if room temp, longer if frozen). Cut in small pieces. Refrigerate for later if doing this ahead of time..
- CRUST: Bake pie crust till done. 10-15 mins.
- Blend eggs, a little water, cheese, spices & herbs & spinach..
- Chop up broccoli.
- Mix spinach/egg/cheese mixture in a bowl with crumbled bacon & broccoli.
- Pour into crust & bake for 30 mins-1 hour at 400 depending on the size and depth of your pan.
If you find this Healthier Broccoli Spinach (&bacon) Quiche with savory crust recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.