Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Budae jjigae recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Budae jjigae recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to budae jjigae recipe. You can cook budae jjigae using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Budae jjigae:
- Provide 200 g of minced beef.
- You need 100 g of thin rice noodles.
- Take 200 g of can Spam, drained, cut into 5 mm-thick slices.
- Take 2 of American hot dogs, cut into thirds, scored widthwise.
- Take 250 g of firm tofu, drained, cut into 5 mm-thick slices.
- Provide 200 g of small shiitake mushrooms, trimmed.
- You need 220 g of can baked beans.
- You need 1 cup of kimchi (see Note).
- Provide 2 litres (8 cups) of chicken stock.
- Take 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Get 1 of small leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Use 120 g of packet ramen instant noodles.
- Provide 2 of pre-packaged cheese slices.
- You need of sliced spring onions, sliced chillies and bean sprouts, to serve.
- You need of gochujang sauce.
- Use 70 g (1/4 cup) of gochujang (see Note).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Take 3 cm of piece ginger, finely grated.
- Get 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of powdered fermented soybeans (see Note).
- Get 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Take 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
Instructions to make Budae jjigae:
- To make gochujang sauce, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine..
- Combine beef and 1 tbsp gochujang sauce in a small bowl and marinate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain..
- In a large casserole pan, arrange Spam, hot dogs, tofu, mushrooms, baked beans, kimchi and beef..
- Place chicken stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a rapid simmer. Stir in fish sauce and remaining gochujang sauce. Gently pour hot stock mixture over ingredients in casserole pan (taking care to keep arrangement intact), cover and simmer gently over medium heat for 15 minutes or until beef is just cooked..
- Add leek, onion and ramen noodles (without seasoning mixture from packet) and push gently to submerge in broth. Cook, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Turn off heat, place cheese slices over the centre of the stew and stand for 5 minutes, or until melted. Scatter with spring onions, chillies and bean sprouts..
- To serve, divide rice noodles between bowls and top with stew ingredients and liquid. NOTES Resting time 5 minutes Kimchi is from Korean food shops. Gochujang is a Korean red pepper paste and is available from Korean food shops. Powdered fermented soybeans are from Korean or Asian food shops. Substitute with tamari, a sweeter alternative to soy sauce, from supermarkets and health food shops..
If you find this Budae jjigae recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.