Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Braised beef shanks recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Braised beef shanks recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Braised beef shanks recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the physical body to digest and, depending on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try adding some nutritious nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to braised beef shanks recipe. To make braised beef shanks you need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised beef shanks:
- Prepare of bone-in beef shanks.
- You need of garlic, unpeeled and halved along it's equator.
- You need of celery, cut into large chunks.
- Use of large carrot, cut into large chunks.
- Take of bay leaves.
- Take of thyme sprigs.
- Take of whole black peppercorns.
- You need of butter.
- Get of large onion, chopped.
- Provide of carrots, sliced 1/4 in thick.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Take of garlic, crushed and chopped.
- Take of sherry.
- Get of beef stock.
- Use of medium waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 in slices.
- Take of chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of chopped fresh thyme.
- Get of green beans, halved.
- Prepare of capers.
- Get of heap tsp constarch.
Instructions to make Braised beef shanks:
- Season the shanks liberally with salt and sear them with a little veg oil in a large pot on high heat. Once the shanks are browned on both sides, add enough cold water to cover. Add the halved head of garlic, celery, carrot, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and peppercorns. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Skim any pooled fat and gunk from the surface occasionally..
- Remove the shanks and set them aside to cool. Strain the braising liquid thorough a sieve lined with a coffee filter..
- Add the butter to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sliced carrots and fry 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and chopped garlic and continue cooking another 2 minutes. Deglaze the pot with the sherry and let simmer until about 3/4 of the sherry has boiled off..
- Strip the meat and any marrow off the shanks and add it to the pot along with the strained braising liquid, beef stock, potatoes, rosemary and thyme. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Add the beans and capers and simmer for 5 minutes more..
- Make a slurry by adding a splash of water to a bowl and adding the cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the slurry into the pot and let the stew simmer for a final 5 minutes. Add any extra salt and pepper as needed before serving..
If you find this Braised beef shanks recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.