Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup recipe. You can have potato soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup:
- Use 2 of strips lean bacon, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of finely sliced leeks or onion or 8 large green onions with tops, finely sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Use 3 of medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of lower-sodium chicken broth.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white or black pepper.
- Provide 2 cup of low-fat(1%)milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour or potato flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
Steps to make Potato Soup:
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Add leeks and garlic to reserved drippings and cook until tender. Add potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using a fork, slightly mash the potatoes against the side of the saucepan..
- In a medium-sized bowl, wisk together the milk, flour or potato flakes, and basil; stir into potato mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until thickened. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon. Serve with corn bread. Makes 6 side-dish servings..
If you find this Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.