Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fancy Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fancy Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fancy fish pie recipe. To make fancy fish pie you only need 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fancy Fish Pie:
- Get of For poaching the fish.
- Take 500 ml of full fat milk.
- Take 1 of small onion, quartered.
- Use 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need of For the Filling.
- Prepare 300 g of smoked seconds fillets/smoked haddock.
- Prepare 300 g of cod fillet, skinned and boned.
- Provide 200 g of Queen scallops.
- Get 150 g of King Prawns.
- You need of Small bunch parsley, chopped.
- You need of For the Nutmeg Mash.
- Prepare 1.5 kg of floury potatoes (such as maris pipers), peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Use of salt and black pepper.
- Use 50 ml of Whole Milk.
- Take 50 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Freshly grated nutmeg.
- Use 100 g of grated mature cheddar.
- Get of For the Sauce.
- You need 50 g of unsalted butter.
- Use 50 g of plain flour.
- Get 500 ml of reserved poaching milk PLUS an extra 100ml.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Freshly grated nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt and black pepper.
Steps to make Fancy Fish Pie:
- First, poach the fish: put the fish into a frying pan and pour over the 500ml milk. Stud each onion quarter with a clove, then add to the milk with the bay leaves. Bring the milk just to the boil – this will be just a few bubbles appearing – and reduce the heat to simmer for 8 minutes..
- Flake the fish onto a plate and strain the milk into a jug to cool, as you will use this later for the sauce. Flake the fish into large pieces into a large shallow oven-proof baking dish. Place the raw prawns and scallops evenly over the fish. Scatter over the chopped parsley..
- Next, get the potatoes going for the mash by placing them into a large saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for around 15 – 20 minutes, or until tender..
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the flour using a hand whisk and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the flour is ‘cooked out’. The consistency will change to a thinner ‘sauce’ and the colour should go slightly caramel. This is when you know it is ready to add the milk..
- Take off the heat and gradually add the milk, a big splash at a time, whisking well each time to create a smooth sauce. As the milk will have been warm when adding, the sauce should thicken fairly quickly. Return to the heat and continue cooking if it needs to thicken a little more. Finish the sauce by adding the nutmeg, parsley, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Pour this evenly over the fish. Preheat the oven to 190C fan..
- Drain the potatoes well, giving them a bash, tip them back into the pan and mash well. Add the butter and mix well until melted using a fork now in a whisky motion to begin fluffing the mash. Add the milk, a splash at a time until you have a creamy, smooth consistency. You may not need to use all of the milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the nutmeg to taste..
- Top the pie now with the mash, starting at the edges and working your way in. Smooth it down and then mark with a fork. Top with the grated mature cheddar..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and bubbling all the way through. If your pie was assembled cold, it may take slightly longer in the oven. Serve with buttered peas tossed in parsley..
If you find this Fancy Fish Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.