Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Enchilada pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Enchilada pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Enchilada pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything immediately or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to enchilada pie recipe. You can have enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Enchilada pie:
- Take 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Take 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Take 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Get 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- Take 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- Take 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- Provide 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- You need 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Steps to make Enchilada pie:
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
If you find this Enchilada pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.