Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably purchase many food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe. You can cook baked or fried portobello mushroom fries using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries:
- You need 1 of peanut or coconut oil if frying.
- Prepare 5 large of portobello mushrooms.
- Take 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Take 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley or thyme..
- Get 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Provide 1 of Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- You need 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 of to make with tempura style omit flour, and bread crumbs, and replace with tempura follow directions that come with the batter..
Steps to make Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries:
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350.
- Remove the gills and stems from the underside of the mushrooms and trim the edges off. Slice into 1/4-inch strips..
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate or bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper..
- Dredge the mushrooms in flour, followed by the egg wash and finally in the panko.Working in batches, place the breaded mushroom slices in the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray. Finish with sprinkling with more cheese.
- If baking place on a parchment lined baking dish, and bake at 425 for 8-12 mins, or until golden..
If you find this Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.