Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and bean soup recipe. To cook ham and bean soup you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Bean Soup:
- Provide 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Take 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Take 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Take 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Use 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
If you find this Ham and Bean Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.