Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. You can cook lentil and tomato curry, indian style using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Use 1/2 can of lentils.
- Get 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Use 1 of small onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Provide 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Get 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Take 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Provide 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.