Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, however. It contains a great deal of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice recipe. You can cook masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- Get 1 cups of lentils (red kind).
- Use 4 cups of water.
- Provide 2 of onion.
- You need 2 of tomato.
- Get to taste of Ginger root.
- You need cloves of Garlic to taste.
- Take of Ground cumin.
- Use of Ground garam masala.
- You need of Ground coriander.
- Get of Ground cardamom.
- Provide of Chili powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- Take of Ground turmeric.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Ghee or oil.
- Provide of Fresh Coriander.
- Prepare of Ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
Instructions to make Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- Wash and rinse the rice. Then cook your rice per package directions and set aside. While rice is cooking wash and rinse your lentils then set aside.
- Dice onion garlic ginger tomato and set aside.
- In a bowl, proportion your spices to taste and set aside. I usually lead with turmeric and cumin as 11/2tsp ea followed by the rest at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ea. You could just use a curry powder if you want. Proportion to taste. I used a curry powder (big pile on white cutting board) in the below photo along with some other spices. I did use a measuring spoon because it makes cool little piles).
- Heat ghee or oil in a pot then saute the onion until brown over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to pot then saute for another 1 minutes or so.
- Add diced tomato and saute for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add spices and mix into the masala and let them cook for 1 minute or so.
- Add lentils and mix until coated in spices.
- Add water, start with 2 cups in and then bring to boil then turn heat down and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to check it and give it a stir every so often. Add additional water as needed to form your desired consistency. (Blury photo).
- Chop the coriander then add to the pot. Reserve some leaves to add to each serving. Below photo was taken before I added some coriander to my bowl.
- You can do the same thing with chickpeas (channa dahl) just follow direction for preparing/cooking dried chickpeas or use canned version. I prefer the dried pulses..
- You can also omit the pulse and just add chicken and potato to make a chicken curry dish. I guess that is another receipe…lol.
If you find this Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.