Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Seafood Gumbo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood gumbo recipe. You can cook seafood gumbo using 27 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Gumbo:
- You need of Roux ingredients.
- You need of bacon drippings.
- Get of flour.
- Get of Vegetable mix.
- Provide of chopped celery.
- Take of large green bell pepper.
- Provide of garlic.
- Use of andouille sausage.
- Prepare of yellow onion.
- Provide of Gumbo base.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of beef bouillon.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of hot pepper sauce (Louisiana hot sauce).
- Provide of Cajon Seasoning.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of dried thyme leaves.
- Use of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need of can tomato sauce.
- Provide of gumbo file powder.
- Take of Seafood mix.
- Use of distilled white vinegar.
- Provide of lump crabmeat.
- Take of uncooked medium shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- Take of Worcester shire sauce.
- You need of gumbo file powder.
Instructions to make Seafood Gumbo:
- Make roux mix by whisking flour and bacon drippings constantly in sauce pan over medium-low heat until rich mahogany color. Remove from heat until it stops cooking. Usually 8-15 minutes..
- Place celery, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in food processor on pulse until finely chopped. Mix vegetables and sausage into roux mix and place back over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender. Usually 10-15 minutes..
- Bring water and beef bouillon to boil in large pot (8 quarts or larger). Whisk the roux mix into boiling water once the cubes disolve. Reduce to simmer then mix in the rest of the base: sugar, salt, hot sauce, Cajon seasoning, bay leaves, thyme, stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 1 hour and add the file gumbo powder at the 45 minute mark..
- Mix in shrimp, crab meat, Worsteshire and white vinegar into gumbo and simmer for another 45 minutes. Mix in file gumbo powder before serving..
If you find this Seafood Gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.