Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern thai-style roast chicken recipe. To make southern thai-style roast chicken you only need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken:
- Use 1 kilogram of (about 2.2 pounds) chicken pieces (skin-on breasts, wings, drumsticks etc.).
- You need 1 tablespoon of white pepper.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Take 3 of coriander roots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Get 8 of shallots.
- Take 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tablespoon of brown or granulated sugar.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour (optional).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of limewater (optional).
- Get of Fried shallots (to serve).
- Provide of Steamed glutinous rice (to serve).
- Prepare of Sweet chili sauce (to serve).
Instructions to make Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken:
- Clean the chicken pieces under running water, prick them all over with a fork so the marinade could better seep in and leave to dry while you make the marinade..
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor, grind together white and black pepper, coriander seeds and roots, cumin, garlic and shallots..
- Transfer the spice and herb mixture to a large bowl in which the chicken will be marinated, add oyster and soy sauce, salt and sugar and stir them together with a spoon to form a thick paste..
- Add the chicken pieces and coat them evenly with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinade in the refrigerator for 3 hours to overnight..
- Preheat oven to 225°C(437°F).
- For extra crispy chicken skin, add the all-purpose flour and limewater to the chicken and toss to coat before baking. You can skip this step..
- Transfer the chicken to the lightly-oiled baking sheet and bake until done, 20-30 minutes..
- In the meantime you could make the fried shallots by slicing raw shallots and tossing them with some sugar, salt, ground white pepper and coriander seeds and all-purpose flour. Deep fry them in hot oil until golden-brown or put on a baking sheet and bake along with the chicken, toss and turn occasionally so they cook evenly..
- Serve the chicken over sticky rice, topped with fried shallots and with sweet chili sauce on the side..
If you find this Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.