Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Leek soup with cream and curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek soup with cream and curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek soup with cream and curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek soup with cream and curry recipe. You can have leek soup with cream and curry using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Leek soup with cream and curry:
- Prepare 400-600 grams of fresh leek stalks (medium thick have best taste).
- Provide 1 of medium sized yellow onion.
- Provide 2 of medium sized soft boiling potatoes.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 1 liter of stock (chicken, vegetable or beef).
- Prepare 100 ml of cooking cream.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cream butter.
- Use 1 teaspoon of yellow curry powder.
- You need of some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Use of electrical blender.
Instructions to make Leek soup with cream and curry:
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil for the potatoes, they need longer than the soup so I always boil separate, not a must though.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1cm cubes, add to the boiling water with a little salt and boil for 20 minutes untill soft.
- Meanwhile cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and put aside.
- Cut the leek in the length and then in half rings, take the rings apart and wash off thoroughly all the sand and mud in a big sif, keep a few rings separate to garnish the soup when served.
- Put a 2-3 liter soup pan on medium heat with the cream butter.
- When the butter is hot add the onion and garlic and fry the slowly untill soft, when half done, add the curry powder.
- Now add the stock, the leek and the potato cubes and bring to a boil, then put the heat down and let it softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Use the electrical hand blender to blend the soup smooth.
- Add the cream, some pepper and salt and maybe a little more curry powder to taste and again heat up, when it boils it's done.
- Add to a bowl or soup plate and garnish with some leek rings.
If you find this Leek soup with cream and curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.