Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Seafood chowder and Soda bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood chowder and Soda bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood chowder and Soda bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood chowder and soda bread recipe. You can cook seafood chowder and soda bread using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood chowder and Soda bread:
- Take 200 g of wholemeal bread flour.
- You need 275 g of strong white bread flour.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Provide 200 ml of buttermilk.
- Use 1 tsp of runny honey.
- You need 1 of large potato.
- Use 250 g of haddock fillets.
- Prepare 250 g of pollock or other white fish fillets.
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 600 g of milk.
- Get 100 ml of single cream.
- Use 2 of onions.
- Prepare 100 g of muscles or cockles.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Get 150 g of sweetcorn.
- Use 1 handful of Runner beans.
- Use 1 handful of parsley.
- You need of Salt and black pepper for Seasoning.
Steps to make Seafood chowder and Soda bread:
- Preheat the oven at 180C/ 170C fan / gas 4. Measure out both types of flour, a pinch of salt and the bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Mix the butter milk, egg and honey until we'll combined..
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the well made previously in the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients together until they form a dough. You may need to add a little water to get all the ingredients to combine, but you do not want a wet dough..
- Shape the dough into a ball and place on a baking tray. Dust the top with flour and cut a cross into the ball to about half way down..
- Place the bread in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. When done cool on a wire rack..
- While the bread bakes cover the potato with water in a saucepan and leave to boil until the potato is soft..
- Pour the milk ans cream into the saucepan add the bay leaf and the fish fillets. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until the fish is cooked, stiring occasionally..
- Steam the muscles and cockles in a sauspan with in about 2cm of boiling water for 3-4 minutes with the lid on. Afterwards strain the shellfish..
- Finely slice the onions and gently fry in some melted butter until soft. Then peel and crush the garlic cloves and add to the onions. Fry for a further minute..
- Then add the drained sweetcorn and chopped runner beans to the onions. Once the potato is cooked. Drain the water ans chop the potato into medium sized chunks and add to the veg. Continue to fry the veg until the runner beans are softening..
- Once the fish fillets have cooked remove for the milk and making sure any skin is removed flake the fish into small chunks..
- Remove any skin which may have formed on the milk and add the onions and veg to the milk. Simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the fish and shellfish to the milk and veg. Season well with salt and pepper and add the parsley. Simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Then serve with you're freshly made soda bread, freshly cracked black pepper and fresh paresly..
If you find this Seafood chowder and Soda bread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.