Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Marika's giouvetsi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Marika's giouvetsi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, do not forget about yogurt. Sometimes people elect to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the right idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. It consists of tons of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to marika's giouvetsi recipe. To cook marika's giouvetsi you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Marika's giouvetsi:
- Use 1 kg of beef.
- Take 1/2 kg of orzo.
- Take 1/2 bottle of red wine.
- You need of bay leaves, coarse pepper, carrots.
- Get of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Use 1/4 cup of cognac.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Get 125 g of Parmesan cheese or emmental.
Instructions to make Marika's giouvetsi:
- Marinate the beef for 1-2 hours in the red wine together with the onion, carrots, bay leaves and coarse pepper..
- Sauté the meat with the onion and deglaze with the cognac..
- Add the stock cube, the tomato sauce and let it cook over low heat. Add salt and pepper..
- Remove the sauce and put it in a casserole pot or a Pyrex baking tray, add about 1 1/2 liter of water and place it in the oven to cook. Add the orzo..
- When the orzo is cooked, add half the cheese, place the pieces of the meat on top and cover with the rest of the cheese..
- Bake at 200 C for half an hour..
If you find this Marika's giouvetsi recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.