Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach and ricotta stuffed shells recipe. To cook spinach and ricotta stuffed shells you need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells:
- Take 1 box (12 oz.) of jumbo shells.
- Get of Tomato Sauce:.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion, diced finely.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 can (29 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Use 1 tsp. of each dried basil, dried parsley.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of each salt, granulated sugar.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Use of Ricotta and Spinach Mixture:.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 5 of big handfuls fresh spinach.
- Prepare 3 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Use 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- Take 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- Provide 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Steps to make Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells:
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook and stir until it's fragrant, just another minute or so. Then add the tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings. Stir and allow it to come to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to med-low and let it gently simmer while you prepare everything else..
- Start a large pot of salted water heating on high heat. Once it reaches a boil, add in the shells. Cook for 1 minute less than the time called for on the box, they will be easier to stuff this way. Once they are done, drain in a colander and immediately rinse them with cold water. This will stop the cooking process, so that they don't get any softer. Set them aside..
- In a large skillet, heat the tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, just about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then add in the spinach and stir around slightly. Cook until it has all wilted and reduced, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. drain out any water that may have been released from the spinach, then set aside on a cutting board and allow to cool enough to handle..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese and eggs until blended together. Next whisk in the seasonings, and about 1/4 cup of each of the cheeses. By now, the spinach should be cool enough to handle. Chop it up and stir it into the ricotta mixture..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan and spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce evenly over the bottom of the pan. Then, working one at a time, stuff each shell with 1 heaping tbsp. of the ricotta mixture, until all of the mixture is gone. Place each stuffed shell side by side into the pan, opening side up. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the top of the shells, then spread over the remaining cheeses..
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until completely heated through. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
If you find this Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.