Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Apple Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Apple Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Power.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to apple pie recipe. You can cook apple pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Apple Pie:
- Provide of sweet shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes.
- Use 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 2 tbsp of semolina, to line the crust, and absorb moisture.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten, to glaze the pie.
- Take of filling.
- Provide 12 of eating apples, like Granny Smiths, peeled, cored and chopped into evenly-sized pieces..
- Provide 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of demerara sugar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Provide 3 of whole cloves, ground or well crushed with the bottom of a saucepan..
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice or Jif squeezy lemon.
Instructions to make Apple Pie:
- In a large bowl rub the butter into the flour until it looks like very fine breadcrumbs..
- Add the comfectioner's sugar and salt, stir them in, then add three tablespoons of water and stir until it forms a ball, knead gently until it forms a ball..
- Place the pastry in a bag or in plastic wrap and refridgerate it for an hour.
- Peel and chop the apples and put them into a bowl half filled with cold water with a squeeze of lemon in it..
- Take pastry out. Cut into one third and two thirds ( the smaller piece will be the lid)..
- Roll out the larger piece, into a square shape to fit a 9 by 9 inch pie tin, if yours is circular, roll a circle..
- Roll one side of the pastry over the rolling pin, lift it over the tin, and gently put it in place and push it down the sides. Sprinkle the semolina all over the base of the pie..
- Drain the apples and put them in the microwave on full power for two minutes..
- Take apples out, add the sugars mixed with the cornstarch, cloves, and lemon juice. Mix it all up, and pile it into the pie..
- Roll out the lid, cut a hole in the middle of it, then place it over the pie. Crimp the edges by pressing your thumb down on the edges all the way round..
- Beat an egg and brush egg over the top of the pie..
- Bake the pie at 180 C for 30-40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before serving, with ice cream, custard or cream..
If you find this Apple Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.