Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fish Biriyani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Biriyani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish biriyani recipe. You can cook fish biriyani using 28 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fish Biriyani:
- Take 750 Grams of Fish Fillet cut into small pieces.
- Use 2 Cups of Basmati Rice.
- Use 1 inch of Cinnamon piece.
- Provide 6 of Cloves.
- Provide 4 of Cardamom.
- Provide 2 of Bay leaves.
- Get 3 of Onions Chopped.
- Take 2 of Tomatoes Chopped.
- You need 4 Teaspoons of Ginger Grated.
- Use 4 Teaspoons of Garlic Grated.
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon of Fennel.
- Prepare 4 of Green Chillies Chopped.
- Take 3 Tablespoons of Raisins.
- Get 3 Teaspoons of Coriander Powder.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of Paprika.
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Provide 3/4 Cup of Yogurt.
- Provide 1 Teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Cilantro Chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Mint Leaves Chopped.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Get of / OilGhee as needed.
- Take Handful of Cashewnuts.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Paprika.
- Provide 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper Powder.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Fish Biriyani:
- Make a smooth paste with last four ingredients (paprika – salt) for the marinade adding little water..
- Wash the fish fillet well and pat dry with tissue.Gently marinate the fish pieces in the prepared marinade for 30 minutes..
- Powder the fennel seeds in a coffee grinder..
- Clean and soak the rice for 20 minutes and drain..
- Heat little ghee in a pan and lightly fry the rice,cinnamon,cloves,cardamon and bay leaves for few minutes..
- Add 3 3/4 cup of water, salt, lime juice and allow it to cook in medium heat.When it is cooked well, spread it on a flat surface..
- Heat ghee in a big pan and fry cashew nuts, raisins and a handful of chopped onions. Remove it and keep it aside..
- Add oil to the same pan and shallow fry the marinated fish until turn brown. (see pic).
- Add more oil if needed and saute the chopped onions until translucent, then add ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute it for 5-6 minutes..
- Add in coriander powder, turmeric powder, paprika and the ground fennel seeds. Saute the all above for a while..
- Mix in yogurt and saute it until oil separates..
- Add garam masala powder and salt, stir well and add chopped tomatoes..
- Cook until tomatoes turn soft and add fried fish pieces. Mix well and cook for 20-30 minutes in low heat, stirring well in between..
- Finely add chopped coriander and mint leaves, cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a big flat oven proof container, spread half of the fish masala.Now add a layer of rice..
- Again make a second layer of fish masala and then rice. Top it with the fried cashews, raisins and onions..
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake it for 20 minutes. Allow the biriyani to rest in the oven for another 20 minutes..
- Serve it with raita, pappadam and pickle..
If you find this Fish Biriyani recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.