Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more crucial than entirely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic asian curry puff (karipap) recipe. You can cook basic asian curry puff (karipap) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Get of Puff Dough.
- Use 1 of Egg – Grade B.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Wam water.
- Provide 3 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Use 1/2 cup of Salted butter / margerine.
- You need of Filling.
- Use 6 cup of Potatoes – Boiled to cook & diced small to size of corn seed.
- Use 1 cup of Diced + minced chicken.
- Take 1/4 cup of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic – Grated (You can use smoked garlic for better test).
- Use 3 cup of Diced indian Big Onion – OPTIONAL (Remove from the list if you are planning to keep them longer).
- Use 6 tbsp of Meat curry powder – Mix with 6 TBSP warm water (Add without water if you like them test more dry and curry colour looks heavy).
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of Chicken stock powder.
- Provide of Optional extra filling.
- Take 1/2 cup of Cheese – Grated.
- Take 5 of Eggs – Scramble with some butter & 1 TSP sugar.
Steps to make Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Dough: In a big bowl, mix well the butter with salt and egg and flour then only add in the water and knead into a dough. Let it rest aside.
- Boil diced potatoes around 10-15 minutes and strain them out before cooking them with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Filling: Heat up a big pan and pour in cooking oil. Add in grated garlic then diced onion and saute for a while then add in cinnamon powder & cont wih the sautee until caramelised bit. Add in curry powder and stir until they look all together and you can see some oil out. Add in minced chicken and stir for few minutes. add the rest one by one and cook in slow heat until diced potatoes has been cooked fine, thick and no any liquid are seen. Let the filling cool down.
- Preheat a deep fryer. Take about 30gm – 50gm of the dough, rolls into about 3mm thin or you can use pasta roller mechine. Once you got the thickness u wanted (Thin is better), cut with a round cutter or you can use a puff moulder, take a spoon of the main filling and spread them on the half spot of the round dough, add some scramble egg with some grated cheese. fold the round dough once to make a half moon shape like to cover the filling as a skin and keeping them inside intact, keep round end stick together. Twirl the half round end side like making a pie and deep fry them until they've become light golden brown.
- Depend on the makes of the curry itself, you can add a TBSP extra or less to marry with all of the filling.
- If you are using wooden roller to roll the dough by hand, best to roll them thin earlier before the dough completely cool down.
- If you are using pasta roller machine to roll the dough thin, best to keep them chill first in the refrigerator for at least an hour earlier. Roll them thin to size 7.
If you find this Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.