Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can have chickpea curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Take 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Get 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Provide Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Take 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Get 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- Use 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- Take 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- Provide of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Take of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.