Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most likely purchase lots of items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato chickpea curry recipe. You can cook potato chickpea curry using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato chickpea curry:
- Use 8 of potatoes.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of peas.
- Use 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Take 6 of tomatoes.
- Use 1 piece of ginger, grated.
- Use 4 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 can of low-fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
Steps to make Potato chickpea curry:
- Peel potatoes and cut into one inch cubes. Place in pot and add salted water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Simmer until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork. Remove from heat. Drain in a collander and put potatoes in pot. Set aside..
- In a large saucepan add the vegetable oil, chopped onion, garlic and grated, fresh ginger. Saute on medium heat until onions are see through. Add seasonings. Continue cooking for two more minutes. Add coconut milk and vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with rice and/or naan bread..
If you find this Potato chickpea curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.