Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This can be a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack many people neglect. Eating natural yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by most people. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 2 of Split, bone-in, skin on chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of 49.5 oz can of chicken broth.
- Take 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- Get 1 of poblano pepper, diced.
- Get 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Get 6 of scallions (green tops and white bottoms separated).
- Take 1 of 28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained).
- Take 1 of 14.5 oz can of refried beans.
- Get 1 of 14.5 oz can of low-sodium black beans (undrained).
- Prepare 1 cup of Vodka.
- Use 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of Dried cilantro.
- Get 3 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Get 1 of Fresh-ground pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat a Dutch oven or another large, heavy pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts liberally with Kosher salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down in Dutch oven. Brown and render as much fat out of the skin as possible. When skin is golden brown, remove chicken to a second pot..
- Reduce heat on Dutch oven to medium. Add cumin seeds to Dutch oven chicken fat and toast for one minute. Sauté diced white onion and diced white part of onion from the scallions in the chicken fat for 3-5 minutes. Add diced poblano and minced garlic and Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add Mexican oregano and dried cilantro..
- In the second pot, pour the broth over the chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken all the way through. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool until it is able to be pulled from the bones and shredded. Discard bones. Reserve chicken and broth..
- Add canned tomatoes (undrained) to vegetable mixture. Immediately stir in vodka. Bring to a simmer. Stir in refried beans and black beans (undrained). Add bay leaves..
- Add reserved chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. At this point, soup is ready to serve BUT it can simmer for a few more hours for a thicker broth. Five minutes before service, stir in diced fresh cilantro (as little or as much as you prefer). Garnish with sour cream, green onion tops from scallions, tortilla chips, guacamole or any other traditional Tex-Mex garnish. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.