Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Classic Lasagna recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Classic Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to classic lasagna recipe. You can cook classic lasagna using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Classic Lasagna:
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Ground pork sausage (I like jimmy deans).
- You need 1 lb of Organic lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of Diced Small white onion.
- Take 3 clove of Garlic, minced or finely shopped.
- Get 1 can of 16 oz crushed tomatoes.
- Get 1 can of Tomato paste.
- Use 1/4 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- Use 1 dash of Fennel seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of Ground black pepper.
- Take 2 of Basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 packages of Whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Get 1/4 cup of Cottage cheese.
- Take 1 packages of Shredded mozzarella.
- Use 1 packages of Sliced mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 bunch of Italian flat lead parsley.
- You need 1 packages of Oven ready (no boil) lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Olive oil.
Instructions to make Classic Lasagna:
- In large pot, brown pork. and ground beef. When browned remove beef to drain fat.
- While meat is in colander to drain fat, add diced onion to pot-let them sweat on high heat for about 6 minutes. Add meat back to pan.
- Add 3 garlic cloves minced, let it combine and heat for about two or three minutes..
- Add can of tomato paste, and can of crushed tomatoes..
- Add fennel, oregano, salt and pepper. Drop in basil leaves. Stir, simmer in low heat and cover for an hour.
- While sauce is simmering, start on cheese mixture: combine ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella , cottage cheese and some finely diced parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before you put anything in 9 x 13 baking dish-coat lightly with olive oil…then add a layer of meat sauce to bottom of the baking dish. Add no boil noodles. Add layer of ricotta cheese. Add slices of mozzarella , enough to cover the layer before it. Add another layer of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles. Add another layer of ricotta. Add one last layer or noodles. Add all remaining meat sauce. Cover with what's left of mozzarella slices and shredded mozzarella. Add a sprinkling of olive oil over the top.
- Cover with foil and place in fridge over night, or 6 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, set oven at 375 and cover lasagna loosely with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins. Then, remove foil and bake for 10 mins..
- Set broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from oven and let stand for at least 10 mins before slicing..
If you find this Classic Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.