Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Use 1/2 can of lentils.
- Use 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Provide 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- You need 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Get 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.