Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Making Gyro from home 😋👍 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Making Gyro from home 😋👍 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to making gyro from home 😋👍 recipe. You can have making gyro from home 😋👍 using 25 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Making Gyro from home 😋👍:
- Prepare of Pita Wrap.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yeast.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Get of Tzatziki Sauce.
- Take 1/2 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of greek yogurt.
- Get 1 cloves of minced garlic.
- Provide 1/4 of lemon juiced.
- Use 1 tbsp of dill.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of mint.
- Get pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need pinch of salt & pepper.
- You need of Marinating Meat (chicken is best).
- Use of About 8 pieces chicken tender.
- Get 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juice squeezed).
- Use 2 of gloves minced garlic.
- Take pinch of pepper & salt.
- Get pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin.
Instructions to make Making Gyro from home 😋👍:
- Making Pitas.
- Mix water with yeast and let it sit and dissolve.
- Mix half of the flour with salt and olive oil and stir in the yeast. After blending everything, add in the rest of the flour to make the dough more dry and you can start kneading..
- Knead for about 5 minutes. The dough should not stick to your fingers. If you are scared it is too wet, pour only 3/4 of the yeast in first (that's what I did) or add in more flour to dry up the wet dough.
- Oil up a bowl (can be existing one) with olive oil and let the dough sit for 1-2 hours so that it will rise. Cover it with film..
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and gently flatten each piece into a thick disk. Sprinkle the pieces with a little more flour and then cover them with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap wrap until you're ready to bake them..
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll one of the pieces into a circle 8-9 inches wide and about a quarter inch thick. Lift and turn the dough frequently as you roll to make sure the dough isn't sticking to your counter. Sprinkle with a little extra flour if it is starting to stick..
- Warm a pan over medium-high heat and drizzle a little oil in the pan. Lay a rolled-out pita on the skillet and bake for 30 seconds, until you see bubbles starting to form. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side, until large toasted spots appear on the underside. Flip again and cook another 1-2 minutes to toast the other side. The pita should start to puff up during this time.
- Making Tzatziki Sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and let stand 10 to 15 minutes to draw out juice..
- Mix everything (except the cucumber) together in a bowl.
- Drain out the juice of the cucumber with paper towels before mixing into the bowl Tzatziki Sauce. Act additional salt/pepper/cayenne peppe as needed.
- Cover bowl and sit in fridge for at least 3 hours before using..
- Marinating Meat (chicken is best).
- Combine the Greek yogurt with garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix with a spoon or whisk to make sure all is well-combined..
- Add chicken to the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook in a pan with oil until it is cooked. If not using a non-stick pan, it will stick to the bottom. You can also bake it in the over for about 20 minutes at 220 degrees C. Personally it's more tasty in a pan..
- You're ready to assemble your gyro with the homemade tztaziki sauce and pita. For vegetables, I used what is available in my fridge, which were bell peppers and tomatoes at the time. If you read through all 20 steps and made it, hope you enjoy it! It is messy but super delicious!.
If you find this Making Gyro from home 😋👍 recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.