Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. To cook chickpea curry you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Curry:
- Use 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Use 4 of pepper corns.
- You need 2 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed in a mortar.
- Provide 3 of shallots, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Take 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 of chili flakes.
- Use 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 500 grams of canned chopped tomatoes.
- Use 500 ml of water.
- Get 2 can of chickpeas, drained (2×400g).
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- Heat some oil in a pan. When the oil gets hot, stir in cinnamon, cardamom and pepper corns.
- As soon as the spices start sizzling, add in the shallots. Fry for 1min on high heat.
- Then add ginger, garlic and the rest of the spices (turmeric, chili and garam masala). Shallots should be nicely browned.
- When garlic gets fragrant (30sec), add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then add chickpeas.
- Cover and cook on low for 15-20min, season with salt and serve over rice or quinoa. Enjoy and be careful not to eat the pepper corns, cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods!.
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.