Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely purchase lots of food items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One nutritious substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry recipe. You can cook fish curry using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Curry:
- Get 3 of White fish fillets (catfish, flounder or other white fish).
- Use 1 of Large White Onion (chopped).
- Use 3 of Garlic cloves (minced).
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper.
- Take 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Provide 1 tbsp of tamarind paste (optional).
- Provide 1 of fresh cilantro chopped (for garnish).
Steps to make Fish Curry:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; saute the onion for about 5-7 minutes, until softened then add the garlic and saute for a few seconds more..
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, and cumin, chicken broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, tamarind paste and cilantro..
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and add the fish, being careful not to over-stir (the fish will break apart). Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally (very carefully) until the fish is cooked through. Serve over basmati rice..
If you find this Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.