Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Malay Fish Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malay Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malay Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malay fish curry recipe. To make malay fish curry you only need 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Malay Fish Curry:
- Take of Halba Campur (Thalippu Spice Blend) recipe;.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Fenugreek.
- Provide 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Black Gram (Ulunthu).
- You need of Main Ingredients;.
- Prepare 130 g of Sea bass fillet (mackerel is good too).
- Provide 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder (see Malay Chicken Curry).
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Halba Campur.
- Take 20 g of Shallots (finely chopped).
- Prepare 10 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Provide 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- Take 6 of curry leaves.
- You need 100 g of Potatoes (slice).
- Prepare 100 g of Tomatoes (diced).
- Use 2 pc of Tamarind slices.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Use 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Take 1 Stalk of Spring Onion (for Garnish).
Steps to make Malay Fish Curry:
- In a wok heat cooking oil on high heat. Fry the Halba Campur spice blend until fragrant. Then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry these until fragrant. Then add the curry powder and mix well until that is fragrant..
- Next add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry for 1 minute. After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let it stew for 5 minutes while stirring every 1 minute..
- Next turn down the heat to low heat. Add in the coconut milk, tamarind slices, curry leaves, sugar, salt and then mix well. Add in the fish and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and garnish with spring onions..
- COMMENTARY; Black Gram that you use for this is the processed one and it is white in color. The Malay name for it is Halba Putih (White Fenugreek) which is wrong. You can substitute Black Gram with Nigella Seeds (Black Carraway) and this spice blend recipe is called Panch Phoron that is used in Northeast India (Bengal, Nepal).
If you find this Malay Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.