Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli And Spinach Frittata recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli And Spinach Frittata recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli And Spinach Frittata recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and spinach frittata recipe. To make broccoli and spinach frittata you need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli And Spinach Frittata:
- Take 100 gm of broccoli florets.
- Use 1 of & 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped, green onion.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped,yellow onion.
- Use 2 cups of spinach leaves,chopped.
- Provide 2 slices of whole wheat, broken into bits.
- Take 1/4 cup of medium cheddar cheese.
- Provide 1 of &1/2 tbsp basil leaves,chopped.
- Provide 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 pinches of nutmeg powder.
- Get 1 of & 1/2 tbsp + 1 & 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Steps to make Broccoli And Spinach Frittata:
- In a saucepan add water;bring to a boil.Turn heat off, add the broccoli florets, cover and keep aside..
- In a non- stick skilet heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil. Add garlic, green onion, yellow onion; saute untill soft and broken..
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper powder, nutmeg powder,mustard powder,red chilli flakes. Beat well.Add spinach,basil leaves,soaked bread,cheese(medium and sharp) and sauteed onions. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Drain the broccoli florets and discard the water..
- In the non- stick, oven proven skillet, heat remaining oil on low heat. When the skillet is hot, add the egg mixture and place the broccoli florets on top..
- Cover and let cook on a low flame until the sides are just set but the top of the egg mixture is still runny..
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade..
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove the skillet and place on a wire rock to cool completely before slicing and serving..
If you find this Broccoli And Spinach Frittata recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.