Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can get results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash lasagna recipe. You can have squash lasagna using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Squash Lasagna:
- Take of tomato paste.
- Get of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare of basil.
- Provide of large purple onion.
- Provide of garlic.
- You need of ground beef.
- Get of ground sausage.
- Get of zucchini and/or yellow squash.
- You need of containers of ricotta cheese.
- Take of mozzarella.
- Get of Olive oil.
- Provide of Itallian seasoning or equivalent fresh herbs.
Steps to make Squash Lasagna:
- Chop onions, tomatoes, basil, and garlic to desired size. I'm pretty rough with this and call it rustic..
- Cut squash in rounds with mandolin..
- Brown Meat in a little olive oil. I like to do this in a cast iron pan. Drain and set aside..
- Carmelize onions in olive oil and/or meat drippings. I'll usually just toss them in the same cast iron. Then add fresh basil, garlic, and tomatoes. A few minutes later add tomato paste and seasoning..
- Add in meat and mix together. Remove from heat..
- Create bottom layer of squash in a casserole pan..
- Add sauce to casserole pan..
- Add layer of ricotta cheese to casserole pan..
- Add top layer of squash in casserole pan..
- Slice rough rounds of mozzarella for top of casserole pan..
- Bake in oven for 30-45 mins on 350 until cheese is melted to your preference..
If you find this Squash Lasagna recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.