Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fully loaded baked potato soup recipe. To cook fully loaded baked potato soup you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- You need 6 of bacon strips.
- Get 1/2 of sausage (of any kind, but I like Hillshire Farm beef sausage).
- Use 1 of medium white onion.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- Take 3 of medium potatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1 quart of half and half (up to 1 quart).
- Get 2 of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Provide 1 of kosher salt.
- Take 1 of fresh cracked black pepper.
Steps to make Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- Prep: Cut the raw bacon into one inch strips. Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch rounds. Peel the carrots and finely dice them, the white onions, and the celery. Peel and dice the potatoes into roughly one inch square chunks. Finely slice the green onions. If your cheddar is a block, shred it..
- Put a soup pot on the stove over medium heat and let it warm up empty for a few minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare a plate with a couple of paper towels laid over it, and have a couple more paper towels handy..
- Drop the bacon chunks into the soup pot. Watch out for the sizzle-pop. Stir these regularly to keep them from sticking. Cook them past done, almost to the point of burning. Turn heat down to medium low and pull the pot completely off the heat. Remove the bacon, ideally with tongs, and place it on the toweled plate. Cover with the other paper towels and carefully press down – WITHOUT BURNING YOURSELF – to soak out the grease. However, retain all of the bacon grease in the soup pot. The bacon itself can be set aside. You won't need it again until serving time..
- Put the pot back on the medium-low stove. Add 1/4 cup of the flour. Mix it into the grease to form a roux. Add as much of the rest of the flour as you need to make the roux thick. Depending on how much grease the bacon put off, you may need more or less flour..
- Add the celery, onions, and carrots to the roux. Mix well, raise the heat back to medium, and cook 3-5 minutes until the veggie juices start to release. Stir the little bit of liquids into the roux. Don't let the roux burn. Decrease heat if need be..
- When the roux is thick and bready, reduce heat to medium low and stir about half a cup of the half and half into the roux. This makes things quite doughy. Add the potatoes and sausage, then cover them with the rest of the half and half (and milk if you want to thin the broth some). Add salt and pepper, stir..
- Slowly bring the heat up to a boil, then reduce again to a simmer. Cover it and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir and unstick the pot a few times throughout..
- When you can cut straight through the potatoes easily with a wooden spoon, it's done..
- Crush the crispy bacon you made earlier into tiny bits. Serve the soup in a bowl with cheddar cheese, green onion slices, and the bacon bits as garnish..
If you find this Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.