Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Okra Dal recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Okra Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okra Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to okra dal recipe. You can have okra dal using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Okra Dal:
- Use 1 cup of Toor Dal -.
- Provide 1 of Tomato – diced.
- Use 1 of Onion – chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic -.
- Use pinch of Tumeric Powder – a.
- You need pinch of Asafoetida powder – a.
- You need of Cumin Seeds.
- Take of Mustard seeds.
- Provide 2 of Curry leaves – strangs.
- You need of chillies Dry red.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Use of Oil.
- Prepare of coriander Freshly chopped.
Instructions to make Okra Dal:
- Okra – or any vegetable like green beans or carrots if you want to add it to the dal – or you can leave the veggies out.
- I first pressured cookered the dal, along with the tomatoes, a pinch of tumeric and 3 cloves of garlic. I made sure the water level was above the dal, so if you are measuring, it will be about 3 cups. I let it cook for about 3 whistles.
- In the mean time heat some oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Next add the red chillies and the curry leaves. After a minute add the onions and let it cook until the onions go transparent. If you are adding any veggies, this is the time. Since I added okra, I added it at this time and let it cook for a little bit. Add the pinch of asafoetida powder at this point.
- Let it cook for a litte bit and then add the cooked dal. Add some water if its too thick, and if its too watery, let it cook until it cooks down to the desired consistency. Add the required amount of salt.
- Once its done, garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander if you like.
- Serve it hot with some rice!.
If you find this Okra Dal recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.