Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Prepare 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Take 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Use 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Use 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Use 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Take 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- You need 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Use 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Provide 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Get 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Take 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Use 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Use 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Steps to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.