Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar recipe. You can have yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar:
- Provide 2 cups of yellow lentils, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white rice, washed and drained.
- Get 1 of small potato, peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide of – For serving: optional.
- Provide 1 loaf of pita bread, roasted.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Steps to make Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar:
- In a saucepan, put the lentils, potato cubes, rice and 8 cups of water. Allow to boil on high heat for around 40 min..
- Strain and reserve the cooking water..
- Put the lentil, rice and potato mixture in a food processor and blend while gradually adding some of the reserved water until you get a smooth, soup-like consistency..
- In a skillet, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft..
- Pour the soup in a cooking pot on medium heat and add the fried onions, cumin, and salt. Stir for 5 min until soup thickens..
- Finally, pour the soup in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh parsley..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it's served..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
If you find this Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.