Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Almond Biscotti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Almond Biscotti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to almond biscotti recipe. To cook almond biscotti you need 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Almond Biscotti:
- Take 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Use 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Get 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 of spray bottle with room temperature water (optional).
Steps to make Almond Biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it lightly with non stick cooking spray..
- In medium bowl beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond extract and baking powder until smooth and creamy..
- Beat in eggs at a low speed and add the flour mixing until smooth. The dough should be sticky..
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and divide it in half. Shape each half of dough into 2-9 1/2" x 2" logs about 3/4" tall. Make sure to straighten them out smoothing the tops and sides. Sprinkle with sugar and gently pat it in..
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes. Remove from oven..
- **Tip-When I take these out of the oven I like to take a spray bottle with room temperature water and spritz the sides and tops just lightly. This will soften your crust just a bit so that the biscoti slices easier.**.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°..
- Wait 5 minutes after spritzing the biscotti (if you choose to use the tip) and then cut it into 1/2-3/4" slices..
- Set the biscotti on its edge on the baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until they feel very dry and start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven. These will continue to dry out as they cool. You can either leave them on the baking sheet or transfer them onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container and these will last a couple of weeks..
- Once biscotti is cooled, you can melt some chocolate, dip and decorate with your favorite toppings!.
If you find this Almond Biscotti recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.