Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's curry couscous salad recipe. You can have mom's curry couscous salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mom's Curry Couscous Salad:
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Provide 1 cup of couscous, cooked and cooled.
- You need 1 can of 15.5-ounce chickpeas, drained.
- Use 4 of green onion tops, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, medium dice.
- Use 2 of celery stalks, medium dice.
- Take 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- Provide of Dressing.
- Provide 3/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of ground Malabar black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tsp of red curry powder (McCormick).
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- Take 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
Instructions to make Mom's Curry Couscous Salad:
- Combine the couscous, chickpeas, green onions, carrots, celery, and golden raisins in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- In a separate small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, curry powder, allspice, and sea salt. Whisk vigorously to combine..
- Add the dressing to the couscous mixture and stir to combine letting dressing coat well..
- Let the couscous salad sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry and serve cold..
If you find this Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.