Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe. To cook smoked mussel and saffron soup you only need 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Get 2 lbs of fresh mussels.
- Take 500 ml of fish stock.
- Prepare 500 ml of white wine.
- Take 500 ml of clam nectar.
- You need 2 sprigs of lemon balm.
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass.
- Use 2 tsp of saffron.
- Take 2 cups of apple wood chips.
- Use 5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 1 litre of heavy cream.
- Use 2 strips of bacon.
- Take 125 ml of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Use 1 of shallot.
- Use 1 stalk of celery.
- You need 1 of baby Yukon gold potato (aka golden nugget).
- Take 2 of gherkin pickles.
Instructions to make Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Put white wine, lemon balm, thyme and lemon grass in a sauce pot and reduce by half.
- Place saffron in 1cup of steaming hot water cover and put aside..
- Smoke 10-15 mussels in a skillet. Do this by placing the wood chips in the skillet dry and bringing to a smoulder. Wrap the mussels in tin foil, poke some holes in it and place in the skillet with the wood chips. Cover and smoke for 5-10 mins..
- Once shells have opened, remove meat, place in a blender with the clam nectar and blitz!.
- Combine all liquids except saffron in a sauce pot and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to a simmer and liquid to 3/4 of original amount..
- Strain saffron tea through a fine sieve into the broth. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You should now have a vibrant yellow and Smokey broth..
- Fine dice the carrot, shallot, celery, potato and bacon. Sweat until soft and set aside to cool..
- Once all is cool, fine dice the gherkins and mix all together with mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You now have remoulade..
- In a covered sauce pan add saffron broth and enough mussels for 3 mussels per person to be served. *I use clams as well to add variety and texture..
- Place a spoon full of remoulade in the center of a shallow soup bowl..
- Once the mussels have opened in the broth, place them around the remoulade and add the broth..
- Garnish with a nice green herb of your choice and enjoy.
- Chili oil is an optional garnish that adds to the smokey flavour and brings an element of heat to the dish..
If you find this Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.