Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast recipe. You can cook flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- Take 1/2 kg of Chicken.
- Provide of Ingredients for Marination.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Red Chili/Kashmiri Chili powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Vinegar.
- Provide to taste of Salt,.
- Use of Ingredients for Masala.
- Take 3 of Large size Big Onion; finely sliced.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Each of Ginger & Garlic paste.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of Kashmiri Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Fennel powder.
- You need 2 of Large Tomatoes; finely sliced.
- Prepare 3/4-1 cup of Thick Coconut Milk.
- Take Leaves of Curry.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Coconut oil or any Refined oil (refer notes).
Steps to make Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces and make deep gashes in them.
- Marinate the cleaned chicken with ingredients listed under “Ingredients for Marination” and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour(overnight marination provides best results).
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces till it becomes golden brown on either side the chicken is half cooked (refer notes) Remove the chicken pieces from the pan.
- To the same pan, add the sliced onions a pinch of salt.
- Cook till onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or till raw smell disappears.
- Throw in the coriander, red chilli, garam masala fennel powders and fry for a few minutes till masala is cooked through.
- Add sliced tomatoes curry leaves along with enough salt and mix well.
- When the tomatoes become soft and oil appears (add one or two splashes of water to get a nice paste like consistency), add the fried chicken pieces and give a good stir till the masala coats the chicken well.
- Now add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the gravy is very thick(15 to 20 minutes approximately) The chicken pieces should be succulent coated well with the masala.
- This curry has a semi-thick gravy.Serve hot with plain rice/pulav/roti/appam.
- You can use any refined oil for this dish but honestly coconut oil enhances the flavor and lifts the dish to a whole new level. So it’s totally your call!.
- If you want to avoid excess oil usage, you can skip shallow frying the chicken. Directly proceed to cooking the marinated chicken pieces in a non-stick pan with very little oil and then adding this into the prepared tomato and onion masala with coconut milk.
If you find this Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.