Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Skunks gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Skunks gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of ingredients that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds are a natural supply of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is present in almonds. But once you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you need to sleep a while. Alternatively, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted simply by eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to skunks gumbo recipe. You can cook skunks gumbo using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Skunks gumbo:
- Take of gumbo but minus the rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of sausage, I used four star from Georgia.
- Get 12 oz of shrimp deviened tail off.
- Prepare 7 oz of crab meat, looked over for shell pieces.
- Use 2 tsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- Provide 1 large of bell pepper, chopped coarsely.
- Get 1 large of onion, chopped coarsely.
- Use 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ounces).
- Get 2 can of okra and tomatoes, I used Gloria Harvest (15 ounces each).
- Use 2 tbsp of file.
- Provide 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Take 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 of bay leaves (laurel leaves).
- You need 2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Use 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 3 cup of water.
- You need 2 stalks of celery chopped 3/8 (9mm) in length.
- You need 1/2 cup of bacon fat rendered.
- Get 1/2 stick of butter (2 ounces).
- Take 2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of white distilled vinegar.
- Get of rice.
- You need 5 cups of long grain rice.
- Provide 1 1/2 quart of water.
- Use 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- Take 2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 1 can of chicken broth or beef your choice (15 ounces).
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
Steps to make Skunks gumbo:
- Bring spices for rice to boil in water, butter and broth. Add rice, stir well and let boil till liquids are just above the top of rice. Stir good, let boil till liquids are bubbling out from craters in the rice. Cover, remove from heat. Do not remove the lid minimun 20 minutes.
- Heat bacon fat butter in pan add sausage, onions, pepper, and celery let cook till it starts to sweat. Add flour..
- Let cook for 4 minutes. Add okra and tomatoes, and spices. Add water, bay leaves, add rest of ingredients.
- Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add rice, cover for 30 minutes..
If you find this Skunks gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.