Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe. You can have baked apple and sweet potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Provide 4 large of apples.
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Provide 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- Get 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
Instructions to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
If you find this Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.