Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe. To make tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) you need 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork):
- Use 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Get 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of boiled and shredded chicken breast or pork roast enough to fill each tamale with 1tbsp of meat.
- Get 1 of red or green salsa of your choice that can be found on my profile..
- You need 1 of water.
- You need 1 of corn husks or banana leafs.
- Prepare 1 of 4 lb bag of maseca for tamale.
- Provide 1 of you can also instead of meats and salsa use sliced mozarella cheese slice tomato slice onion and slice jalapenos.
- Get 1 1/2 lb of fresh manteca (lard) or crisco shortning melted.
Instructions to make tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork):
- in large mixing bowl or electric stand mixer add all dry ingredients, slowly add water..
- it should have a consistancy almost like a brownie mix when it has enough water in it.
- add lard and mix well, it should loosen it up ..
- place corn husks in hot water to make them pliable..
- mix shredded meat and salsa together.
- when corn husk is soft take it in your hand place a hand full of masa in it spread it out and add meat filling.
- fold over one side then fold up the bottom, then fold over other side..
- in the bottom of the tamale steam pot fill with water until it gets to the vent plate, lay some corn husks down over the vent plate, and start layering the tamales in..
- when you r done making the tamales place another layer of corn husks on top and cover with a damp cloth and the lid..
- if cooking inside, place on stove on high then lower to med-low when you hear the water boil..
- if cooking outside on a gas stove do the same, just make sure to check often to make sure it doesn't run out of water and burn the bottom..
- it takes about 3 hrs for them to steam, when done remove carefully from the pot and place on a cookie sheet so they can cool down some..
If you find this tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.