Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
One of the most popular snacks is natural yogurt. In fact, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. Along with calcium, it’s a good supplier of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is easy for the human body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try putting in some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent way to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to portuguese baked eggs recipe. You can have portuguese baked eggs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Get 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- Use 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- Take 6 of eggs.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- Take 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Take 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 1 dash of of pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Steps to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..
If you find this Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.