Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Greek Pastitsio recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Greek Pastitsio recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Pastitsio recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Have a shot at eating almonds unless you have problems with nut allergies. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Various nutritional vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. But when you eat almonds, you do not feel like you need to sleep a while. Rather they will simply help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Your emotional state can sometimes be lifted simply by eating almonds.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to greek pastitsio recipe. To cook greek pastitsio you only need 32 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Greek Pastitsio:
- Take of Main Ingredients.
- Get of margarine, melted.
- Get of onion, chopped.
- Get of carrots, peeled & finely chopped.
- Use of celery, finely chopped.
- Use of crushed fresh garlic.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Provide of chopped tomatoes.
- Get of tomato paste.
- Provide of beef stock.
- Use of oregano.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Use of ground cloves.
- Take of ground cumin.
- Take of sugar.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of ground beef (80/20).
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Take of ziti, cooked.
- Use of egg, beaten.
- Take of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of Bechamel Sauce.
- Provide of milk.
- Use of (2 sticks) margarine.
- Provide of ground nutmeg.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide of paprika.
- Provide of cheddar cheese.
- You need of eggs, beaten.
- You need of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Instructions to make Greek Pastitsio:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Meat Sauce Directions:.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and saute onion, garlic, carrots, celery until soft and fragrant. Add the ground beef, stirring continuously, until all the meat is cooked and browned. Drain and add the tomatoes, paste, beef stock, bay leaves, herbs and sugar and simmer for a few minutes. Stir in salt & pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, then remove the bay leaves..
- For Pasta:.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, boil the pasta till al dente..
- Mix the beaten egg with the parmesan cheese and toss with cooked & drained pasta..
- For the Bechamel Sauce:.
- Heat the milk in medium saucepan over low heat. In separate medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine, then add the flour and mix well. Stir in the heated milk one tablespoon at a time, and stir until smooth. Stir in spices & cheese. Season to taste. Keep warm until ready to use..
- To Assemble dish:.
- Spray a large casserole dish generously with nonstick spray. Combine pasta with half the Bechamel Sauce. Transfer half of the pasta to baking dish. Spread all the meat sauce over pasta. Cover with remaining pasta. Top with Bechamel Sauce and sprinkle with more grated Parmigiano. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes. Serve with salad and crust bread..
If you find this Greek Pastitsio recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.