Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's EZ Prime Rib recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's EZ Prime Rib recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's EZ Prime Rib recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's ez prime rib recipe. You can have mike's ez prime rib using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's EZ Prime Rib:
- Prepare of Prime Rib.
- Get of Prime Rib [bone in].
- Get of Olive Oil.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- Use of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Get of Dried Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Dried Rosemary.
- Provide of Dried Thyme.
- Use of Options And Sides.
- Use of [sides] Inglehoffers Creamy Horseradish [the best brand out there IMHO].
- Get of [sides] Creamed Spinach.
- Use of [sides] Wedge Salad.
- Prepare of [sides] Fresh Steamed Asparagus.
- Provide of [sides] Seafood [why not make it a surf & turf?].
- Prepare of Au Jus Sauce [+ 2 cups beef broth with sodium – McCormick is a great brand + fresh parsley for garnish].
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- Use of large Disposable Aluminum Roasting Pan.
- You need of large Metal Roasting Rack.
- Use of Quality Meat Thermometer.
Steps to make Mike's EZ Prime Rib:
- Bring roast to room temperature for at least 2 hours prior to cooking..
- Rinse roast and daub dry. Place on a metal rack in a roasting pan – fat side up. Leave binding strings in tact..
- Mix all dry seasonings together in a bowl. Place minced garlic and oil in a separate bowl..
- ● Rinse your roast and pat it completely dry with absorbent paper towels. ● Coat your roast in your oil and garlic mixture. Use all. ● Then, pat on your dry seasonings all the way around. ● Know that no salt is needed in your rub since your Au Jus with beef broth will lend all the sodium you'll want..
- ● Do not cover roast and cook on a lifted oven rack at 400° for the first 15 minutes. Then, reduce heat to 325° and time for 20 minutes per total pound. ● This will give you a nice medium rare center and well done ends. ● Cut time by 3 minutes per pound if you want a very rare center like I do. ● An ultimate internal temp of 120° stuck in your thickest roast part makes for a perfect rare prime rib in my opinion..
- ● Pull roast from oven and let it rest for 5 + covered for minutes before slicing. This will help its fluids to rise to the surface. ● Cut binding strings. ● Slice in between bones and serve as 1 lb slabs per guest. ● Serve with piping hot Au Jus and chilled Horseradish Sauce..
- Make your Au Jus but substitute the water called for with beef broth for a more pronounced beef flavor..
- ● Upon serving, I'll lay the 1 lb slab on a guests serving plate alone. Then, I'll ladle piping hot Au Jus around the meat. I'll then garnish individual slabs with fresh parsley. ● Any other sides – I'll serve in seperate bowls or on side plates. [i.e., stacked baked potatoes, fresh asparagus, creamed spinach with bread, garlic risotto, or, simple wedge salads] ● You can also serve this as an impressive Surf & Turf dish. Just add steamed seafood of your choosing to the side. I'll commonly add King Crab Legs, Jumbo Shrimp or, Jumbo Scallops..
- ● Steam de-thawed crab legs for 5 to 8 minutes in a slight amount of water, lemon juice, pepper corns, a bay leaf and crushed garlic cloves to taste. ● Serve legs with melted or clarified butter and lemon wedges..
- ● Another great side is baked potatoes. ● See my recipe for Mike's Perfect Baked Potatoes..
- Creamed Spinach. Another great side dish. Quite traditional!.
- Rare Prime Rib with a dark Au Jus and chilled Horseradish pictured below..
- Any leftovers can easily make an incredible New Orleans Old Sober, aka, Yakamein Soup. Check that recipe out in my personal recipes under Mike's Old Sober Soup. It's absolutely one of my wife's, friends and neighbors favorite soups! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340687-mikes-traditional-old-sober-soup.
If you find this Mike's EZ Prime Rib recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.