Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe. To make healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn you need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn:
- Provide 2 of corn tortillas or 1 flour tortilla (organic preferred).
- You need 1 of serving of cod or another white fish (approximately 3 oz), defrosted if previously frozen.
- Prepare 1 of baby bok choy or half a regular bok choy or equivalent amount of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of a red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of sumac.
- You need of Spice rub mixture.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Use Pinch of cayenne.
- You need Pinch of coriander.
- Prepare of Olive oil (for greasing pan).
- Get of Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo as a garnish (optional).
- Take of Cilantro as a garnish (optional).
Steps to make Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn:
- Preheat oven to 450 F on broil. Spread corn on a silicone mat (make sure your mat is rated for 450 degrees). Set mat on tray on top shelf of oven. Broil for 10-12 minutes or to desired doneness. In my oven this takes 12 minutes but keep an eye on it..
- Chop bok choy (or cabbage) and red peppers. Add some water to a pan and turn on medium heat. Add veggies and lightly season with salt, paprika, and cumin. Saute until water has evaporated and veggies have reached desired doneness and caramelization. If water disappears before they’re done, add some more water or put a lid on the pan to finish cooking..
- After removing corn, set oven to bake at 425 F..
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Rub with spice mixture. Finally, coat both sides with sumac..
- Coat bottom of pan with a little olive oil and add fish. Bake for 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness. It should flake easily at the thickest point, and the internal temperature should be 140 F..
- Plate and enjoy. Top with chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo..
If you find this Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.