Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Eating almonds is a wonderful choice as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of things that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. These types of nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont allow you to long for a nap. These nuts loosen up the muscles and offer a general sense of comfort. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry chicken – caribbean style recipe. You can have curry chicken – caribbean style using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- Get 4 lbs of chicken (thighs and legs skin off).
- Prepare 4 of medium size potatoes roughly chopped.
- Use 3-4 tbsp of veggie oil.
- You need 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Get 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- Provide 3 of scallions chopped.
- Use 3 sticks of fresh thyme.
- Provide 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand).
- Take 4 tbsp of curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot).
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper).
Steps to make Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet..
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate..
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot..
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn).
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste..
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste..
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high..
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry..
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes..
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid..
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. Note – you can add more water if needed for gravey..
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy…….
If you find this Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.